1. I was supposed to be on leave from the department this quarter, but two days after classes started they asked me to TA an ethics course. I said yes. This was stupid because…
2. I was supposed to be using my leave to work on my dissertation, which I had on the back-burner during the fall and hoped to make some progress on during the winter. Now I’m doing that while also TA’ing. This is stupid because…
3. What I really should have been doing during this quarter, while on leave, was work on a course I’m teaching in the spring. Now I’m doing that while also writing a dissertation and grading papers/holding sections for undergrads.
4. I’ve been playing Hanging With Friends and Words With Friends. You should play me. I’m mediocre at it. My username is BackpackingDad.
5. I’ve been making Art. I’m an excellent drawer. I draw pictures and post them on my Google+ page. They often look like this one I did about the ESPN headline about NBA star Jeremy Lin:
6. I’ve been playing Mega Man 2.
7. I’ve been parenting. Sort of.
8. I’ve been husbanding. Sort of.
9. I’ve been pet-owning. Sort of.
10. I’ve been making lists.
8 thoughts on “A List of Things I’ve Been Doing Instead of Writing On My Blog”
Hey, I’ll play you on WWF. As long as you don’t mind waiting a week for a two-letter word.
I love the comic.
I’m too über competitive for WWF. Plus, no one will play a 2nd game with me. Possibly because I’m a jerk, but mostly because I’m too competitive. I finally had to delete the app. I haven’t tried Hanging with Friends yet.
i also love the comic.
your life and mine are (depressingly) similar. i blog sometimes to procrastinate from the dissertation. i read things on twitter and pretend that’s working on the dissertation proposal. i teach and wonder where my week went. then the kids come home. i suspect i’ll finish this gig in about 2024.
maybe that’s not depressing? maybe i need to make some comics?
There are just SO MANY THINGS. The dissertation takes long stretches of focus, and I can’t get that in small chunks here and there when the kids aren’t around. So even though I have, probably, all the TIME I need to do the actual writing, I don’t have it in the right way. Either I change, or the world changes.
There is my main excuse for not going back to school for my masters! Loved the comic, though…that was time well spent.
Wow Mega man 2? On what? Wii?
This is awesome blog Backpacking Dad. Thanks for sharing all your experiences with us. I like your writing and I come back to read again.
Comments are closed.